These instructions assume that you have searched XPLORE and have a list of results.
Exporting References from XPLORE
- From the Search Results list, check the box next to each of the records you want to import.
- Click Save Marked Records.
The screen will not show your records checked anymore.
- Click Export Saved List.
- In the Export Saved List window, click Full Display.
- Click Local Disk.
- Click Submit.
- In the File Download window, click Save.
- Choose the location to save your file.
- From the Save as type dropdown box, choose Text Document.
- The default name for your file is export.txt.
- Click Save.
- In the Download complete window, click Close.
Importing References into RefWorks
From the library's homepage under the Welcome! tab, click RefWorks.
At the RefWorks User Login page:
- Enter your login name.
- Enter your password.
- Click Login.
NOTE: If you are in an off-campus location, you will be asked for a Group Code. Call the reference desk at 513 745-4808 to obtain this information.
- At the Getting Started page, click References in the top menu.
- Then click Import in the drop-down menu..
On the RefWorks Import page:
- From the Import Filter/Data Source drop-down box, select Innovative Interfaces INNOPAC.
- From the Database drop-down box, select OhioLINK Library Catalog (Full Display).
- Click the Browse button adjacent to the Import Data from the following Text File textbox.
In the Choose File window:
- Click the export.txt file.
- Click the Open button.
Back at the RefWorks Import page:
- Note that the path and export.txt file display in the Import Data textbox.
- Click the Import button at the bottom of the page.
The RefWorks Import page will open
- RefWorks will prompt with Import completed when it is finished.
- Click View Last Imported Folder to view your references.
RefWorks will display references in the Last Imported Folder window.
For information about searching and sorting your citations or about creating and organizing folders click the RefWorks HELP
link, or for information about downloading citations from different databases, see the RefWorks help links in the library's database lists (see second image below).
Click the FIND IT @ XU icon to see if an article is available in full-text, print or microform format and to submit an interlibrary loan request.